September 13th, 2016
According to a Trulia study, almost twice as many people prefer new homes to existing homes. “New” means exactly that: brand new properties that have never been lived in before, or homes purchased in the pre-construction phase. Today’s new homes offer more benefits than ever before.
Here’s a quick list of seven reasons why so many home buyers prefer new homes to used houses:
- Floor Plans and Room Layouts: Most newly constructed homes offer modern layout options, with wide-open floor plans. Kitchens flow into family rooms so you can cook and oversee homework or watch the game. Rooms in newly constructed homes – especially bedrooms and bathrooms – tend to be larger and brighter, with lots of natural light.
- Design The Way You Want: Newly constructed homes allow the buyer to work with builders to upgrade features, choose paint colors, counter finishes, and more.
- Cost Savings with Better Energy Options: Today’s new homes are far more energy efficient than homes built just five years ago. Versus homes built ten or 20 years ago, it’s not even a question. Why settle for drafty, energy-wasting single-pane windows in a used home? New appliances and home systems are more energy efficient. Plus more efficient insulation and windows create buttoned up homes that are less expensive to heat and cool than older models. All of that translates into lower utility bills.
- All New, Under Warranty: A used home likely has older products that may soon need replacing or be repaired. Your new home — and the products that comprise it — are brand-new and under warranty. What’s the cost to replace a roof, appliances, countertops or a water heater on a used home? Those components of your new home feature the latest designs and building materials and should offer you years of comfort and enjoyment before needing replacement.
- Amenities: Many new homes are designed around master-planned communities with pools, parks, and clubhouses. Some communities even feature hiking trails, protected open lands, and some of the best new schools and shopping near (or even within) a new home community.
- Safety: State-of-the-art circuit breakers. Electric garage door openers with infrared beams that stop if a tricycle or child is too near. High-efficiency furnaces and air conditioners that use the latest environmentally friendly coolants. Cabinets, carpets, and paints that use fewer volatile organic compounds, so that you and your family can breathe easier.
- Improved Features: It’s possible to replace all of the single-pane windows in a resale home with today’s high-performance windows. It’s also possible to add insulation to a used home. However, it’s very expensive to replace dated appliances, cabinets, and countertops in a used home — and you still won’t have the high ceilings you dream of on the first floor of an older two-story home. All are reasons to build your new home your way, to reflect the way you live today.
New homes offer the latest designs, style, comfort, and quality. They provide a carefree lifestyle so that you can enjoy your home, not work on it. Hearndon Construction has been creating that carefree lifestyle for over a quarter century. With high building standards and advancements in design and construction, Hearndon has been recognized for its accomplishments in the construction of timeless homes in Hampton Roads.
View our homes online, give us a call or stop and visit. You can also email us by using our contact form and check out our list of homes available now.
Posted In: New Home Construction, New Homes in Suffolk