January 13th, 2016
Money Magazine ranked Elizabeth City as one of “Best Places to Live on the Coast,” and aptly so. Elizabeth City is located in the far northeast corner of North Carolina and is a short drive from the Outerbanks in North Carolina and Hampton Roads in Virginia. The “Harbor of Hospitality” is home to pristine waters and offers award-winning schools, a bustling waterfront downtown and a variety of family-friendly activities, just to name a few. Read on for more reasons to love Elizabeth City!
- Military Centrality: Elizabeth City is located near a number of military bases, making the city an attractive place for active and retired servicemembers and their families to call home. The city is also home to the U.S. Coast Guard and is an hour’s commute to the Norfolk Naval Base.
- Outdoor Activities: Elizabeth City offers gorgeous waterways for fishing and watersports as well as immaculate parks for picnicking and outdoor fun! Mariner’s Wharf offers 48 hour boat docking and has new boater comfort facilities and the Dismal Swamp is just 20 miles to the north.
- Shopper’s Paradise: Whether you’re looking for a unique gift for a friend or want to head into a department store, Elizabeth City has it all! An added bonus is the newly constructed Tanglewood Pavilions retail center!
- Affordable Homes: The new community, Stockbridge at Tanglewood, is an idyllic neighborhood boasting a “Main Street America” feel. The homes offer quality and value at an affordable price! New models are coming out this year!
- Community Events: Elizabeth City sure knows how to celebrate! The events calendar is filled with activities for the entire family to enjoy as well as celebrations that pay tribute to the city and region! There is always something to do!
Browse our available homes in Elizabeth City today!
Posted In: New Homes in Elizabeth City