August 27th, 2015
Moving into a new home can be a stressful process, no doubt. However, there are ways to help plan, organize and optimize your move. Here are 10 tips to make your move less stressful:
- Write the contents and room on outside of box.
- Use different colors of duct tape to help identify where the items go.
- Take pictures of your electronics and how they’re hooked up so the set-up is easy in your new home.
- Contact charities before your moving day so they can pick up all of your donations.
- Organize electric cords in toilet paper tubes.
- Fill nail holes with bar soap.
- Slide garbage bags directly over clothes on hangers.
- Wrap a rubber band or tape over the lock so you won’t get locked out when moving in and out of your house.
- Pack the items you’ll need first in a clear plastic bin.
- Cover items in drawers with press n’ seal wrap. This will make the move more manageable (the drawers acting like individual boxes) and the dresser easier to lift.
Do you know of any other tips? Share them with us on our social media pages!
(via popsugar.com, buzzfeed.com, frugalcouponliving.com)
Posted In: Home Living